Tuesday 2 September 2014

The Liebster Award

Tuesday 2 September 2014

I haven't posted for an embarrassingly long amount of time, but it's four in the morning, I'm horribly jet lagged and I've been nominated to do the Liebster Award by my friend Laura. I'm going to try and blog more now I'm feeling a little more inspired, but who knows, this is a big ol' year with A Levels and all!

The rules for the award are as follows:

● You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
● You must link back to the person that nominated you
● You must nominate 11 bloggers and give them 11 new questions
● You can not nominate the person who nominated you
● You need to leave your nominees a link to your post so they can know what to do

1- What would your dream job be?

Ultimately,  I'd love to be creative art director for a fashion/ lifestyle/ design magazine, as it combines a lot of my interests,  the most prominent being graphic design (which I'll be -hopefully- studying at uni)

2- What is your favourite sound to fall asleep to?

I find it near impossible to fall asleep in a silent room as I'm quite prone to staying awake for hours, stressing over pointless details which is really frustrating! I tend to listen to podcast or long, rambly vlogs as I find talking much more comforting and distracting than music.

3- What has been the strangest experience of your life?

I feel like laura asked me this with a specific answer already in mind! For those who don't know (which are far and few between because I talk about you a whole lot!), Laura is one of my best friends from primary school (and she still is!) but I moved pretty far away from my home town at the start of secondary school,  so it's much harder to see each other as regularly as we used to. This is why it was so strange to see her twice while road tripping around America! We spent ages getting lost in Vegas before moving on to sitting in our hotel lobby at the Grand Canyon making super weird snapchat stories and  talking about 'Spywatch' and other nostalgic things from our past.

4- Are there any tv shows/films you can watch over and over without getting bored?

Friends without a doubt! I'm not really into TV as I'm more likely to spent hours watching youtube, but there's nothing better than watching episodes of Friends over and over as I'm preettttty familiar with the episodes after being given the box set a couple of years back.

5- Do you prefer taking photos or having your photo taken?

I find it hard to be the centre of attention so I much prefer being behind the lens! I don't completely refuse to having my picture taken, especially with friends, as  I think it's important to have a documentation of your life in some form, and I really love looking though old albums.

6- Do you want children? If so, how many?

I'm pretty sure I'll have children as my mum really wants to be a granny and at the wise old age of 13, my younger sister has outright refused as it would ruin her 'party lifestyle'. I think two is probably a good number as ultimately,  it's nice to have the company of a sibling around when growing up.

7- What is your most expensive item of clothing?

This is tricky as I do not have a lot of cash to throw around on clothing, but maybe my doc martens?

8- Do you regularly read any magazines/newspapers?

I've been massive magazine hoarder from the age of about 12 when, to my mum's surprise,  I would save up to buy issues of 'Ideal Home' and consequently covet a variety of home decor as a consequence.  Currently,  I have a subscription to Company magazine and the National Geographic Traveller.

9- How often do you paint your nails?

It's usually as often as my nails look kind of gross and I need to cover them up in some kind of way which is nice (cute answer)

10- Have you ever dyed your hair? If so, what colours?

Yes, I've been subject to many a dip dye (blonde, lilac, blue and very briefly pink) before chopping it all off.

11- Do you have/have you had any pets?

I have a lovely little bunny who I love to pieces called Geoffrey.  He's a dwarf lion hair rabbit amf he is adorable!

12- Which is your favourite Harry Potter book/film?

My favourite film is the Order of the Phoenix because I love the scene where Fred and George burst in to the exam because the music is so good and it makes me really happy! And my favourite book would be the third one because I love the way Stephen Fry reads the audio book of it (another thing I listen to when I'm trying to sleep!)

Thank you so much to Laura for tagging me! I now nominate Ellie, Beth, Amber and Amy. Here are your questions:

1. What is your favourite childhood memory to look back on?

2. If you could have a wild animal as a pet (without it being cruel) what would you pick and why?

3. What does your bedroom look like?

4. In an ideal world: vintage,  highstreet or designer?

5. What/ who are your biggest inspirations?

6. If you could only listen to five songs for the rest of your life, what would they be? (sorry that's a hard one, you'll probably hate me for it!)

7. Where is your favourite place to eat out?

8. If you could have anyone read your blog,  who would you chose?

9. Is there a book you really want to read?

10. Where would you love to live, given the chance?

11. What is your most prized possession?

I don't think I quite stuck to the rules -oops- but I hope hope you all enjoy answering/ reading these questions and you have a happy September!

No comments :

Post a Comment

. + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio